Historical Society of Old Yarmouth


Art / Photography / CultureEducationNon-Profit

About Us

The Historical Society of Old Yarmouth was founded in 1953 with the mission of preserving and developing community interest in the history of Yarmouth. The Historical Society of Old Yarmouth continues to actively carry out the mission by collecting Yarmouth’s past, and sharing that past with the local community as well as with visitors from around the world. The Society, led by a Board of Trustees, has two part-time staff members and a number of active and enthusiastic volunteers. Our operations include the Captain Bangs Hallet House Museum and 18th century kitchen, the Nature Trails, Kelley Chapel, and our administrative headquarters at the relocated and reconstructed Gorham Cobbler Shop (behind the Yarmouth Port Post Office on 6A). Our Archival Collections are now located there in a climate controlled archival storage facility. Our office is normally open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 AM – 3:30 PM by appointment .