Seeking a Full-time Employment Counselor to work with our exceptional residents, community employers and employment staff to locate employment/volunteer opportunities and to match the right individual to the right position. Must have a flexible mindset and be able to think outside the box. The position offers an excellent starting pay and exceptional benefits package.
Applicant must be patient, outgoing and organized; have excellent verbal and written communication skills & strong computer skills; must have excellent telephone communication skills; MUST be a team player as the Employment Services Team works together for the success of our residents.
- Evaluating the resident for strengths and weaknesses in suitability for a positon
- Working with resident through proper training and communication to ready them for a new position. Re: résumé preparedness, interviewing skills; work readiness skills, etc.
- Work with the Job Coaches to ensure that residents and employers are being supported in a positive manner in the job site
- Negotiating with potential employers to find a match position for our residents.
- Document resident and employer related contacts and communications as needed
- Additional responsibilities as per the full job description.
Preferred Background: Two years of successful experience in some or all areas of marketing, recruiting or vocational service; experience with adults with cognitive learning disabilities a bonus. High school diploma and some additional training or education ideal in the field is ideal.
Experience or education in the areas of marketing, recruiting, or vocational services desired. We will train the right person if they possess the right skillset!
Must have current certification or be willing to attend training through LIFE for CPR/AED/First Aid; must be willing to attend any LIFE or DDS required/recommended training classes; valid MA drivers license required; must be able to pass CORI and fingerprinting as per DDS.
LIFE, Living Independently Forever, Inc. is a non-profit organization providing supports for adults with autism & intellectual differences. Incorporated in 1992, LIFE opened its doors to ten residents. LIFE has since expanded to serve over 100 residents with locations in Hyannis, Mashpee, Falmouth, Plymouth & Yarmouth.